Sales Support Specialist
Location: Vancouver, BC
APL, one of the world’s leading ocean carriers, offers more than 90 weekly services and call ports in over 50 countries worldwide. We provide container transportation through our international shipping network which combines high-quality intermodal operations with advanced technology, equipment and e-commerce.
APL is part of the CMA CGM Group, a leading worldwide shipping group founded in 1978 by Jacques R. Saadé. CMA CGM has a global presence thanks to its numerous vessels calling various ports all over the world. CMA CGM has grown continuously, and has been constantly innovating to offer its clients new sea, land and logistics solutions. Headquartered in Marseilles, the Group has employees all over the
world in hundreds of agencies.
With over 160 years of experience, APL has the knowledge and the expertise to help our customers grow their businesses and negotiate in an increasingly complex and ever-changing global marketplace – whether that is venturing into new territories or growing in already developed markets.
This position partners with the Canada field sales organization, mostly in Eastern Canada, providing assistance with contract management, rate request & bid management activities, sales reporting, presentation preparation and transportation cost analysis.
The sales support specialist may also assist with other business activities as required.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist in contract management, rate request and bid activities for customers across Canada.
- Provide customized/account specific reports, general adhoc reporting & profitability analyses.
- Customer information management (CAP codes, Credit issues, Customer Profile information).
- Problem resolution (bookings, claims, equipment, free time, space allocations).
- CRM updates and other administrative duties such as preparation of presentations, data gathering, pipeline reviews, etc.
- Follow up on Sales historical issues to resolution
- Working Hours are from 6:30am to 3:30pm PST
- Deliver territory support for each Account Manager by managing rate quotes, providing performance reports, developing
- Presentations allowing Account Managers time in front of customers
- Managing single-trade bids, and monitoring multi-trade bids allowing Account Managers time in front of customers
- Manage small to mid-size accounts that don’t require face-to-face representation. If an account develops into a high potential account, it is transferred to an Account Manager.
- Develop new business from the general pool of unassigned accounts or in concert with specific market campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 1 year of sales and /or customer service experience required
- Advanced Knowledge in MS office with emphasis in Excel
- Advanced Written, verbal and graphic communication skills
- Ability to identify and communicate risk and jeopardy situations
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven customer service skills are required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
- Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds
- Strong time management skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks based on input from internal and external customers
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of International Trade/Business preferred
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus
For applications please follow this link: