Mediterranean Shipping Company (Canada), headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, is one of the leading ocean carriers in Canada. As the Canadian branch of MSC, we have satellite offices in Toronto, Vancouver, and Saint John. We are a fast-paced, dynamic company that emphasizes an organizational culture of open communication and personal self-growth. With over 170 employees across the country, we are a young company that entrusts and challenges our employees to always strive for success and growth.
We are presently looking for a Sales executive to develop our B2B client base in Vancouver. Your experience in overseas cargo shipping and international maritime cargo transport will be key here, as well as your proven business to business sales experience.
As a Sales Executive, you will provide efficient and accurate export and cross-trade rate quotations to our Canadian clients in a timely manner and to close the business by negotiating the best terms for the client and the company.
- Methodical in decision making
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Resilient capacity in response to stress and pressure
- Demonstrates passion for excellence
- Conducts Market research to continuously build a knowledge base/expertise
- Working with a sense of urgency within designated time frames
- Discovering ways to improve processes
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Cultivate and build relationships with accounts in portfolio
- Grow existing support from said accounts in the portfolio with MSC
- Understand and identify at all times the business currently moving and historically moving with the portfolio accounts
- Complete mandated sales calls on a weekly basis
- Report on opportunities and discussions from weekly sales calls
- Monitor sales targets (TEU) to be achieved (weekly, monthly, annually)
- Attend required business functions, during and after business hours, to represent the commercial team of MSC Canada and further build our market presence within Canada
- Post-secondary education OR equivalent relevant shipping business experience
- 1-2 years’ experience within the transportation/shipping industry
- 1 year previous Business to business Sales experience
- Requires well-developed communication, negotiation, organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of people at all levels
What can MSC do for you?
As a professional within our organization, you will benefit from a competitive compensation & benefits package as well as career development opportunities and programs:
- 100% benefits coverage
- Tailored training programs
- Defined group contribution plan and referral incentive programs.
All interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Erin Talbot, Human Resources Coordinator-Recruiter
Phone number: 514-844-3711 ext.: 4266