Main responsibility revolves around understanding and executing Charter Parties, monitoring for compliance and managing and resolving disputes with the Charterers.
Job duties include -
• highlighting main Charter Party terms and communicating it with the Master
• monitoring, discussing and reviewing Charterer’s instructions to Master
• liaising with the Charterers, Ship’s Agents and all concerned parties
• arranging bunkers, port funds and all necessities as required under the Charter Party
• preparing laytime calculations and hire statements
• monitoring vessel’s cargo operations and speed and consumption performance
• arranging and coordinating pre-loading surveys with respective PNI clubs
• handling FD&D claims, speed claims and/or any other disputes with the Charterers
• maintaining proper filing for the Chartering & Operations Department
• proactive management providing expertise when necessary
To succeed in this role, you should have -
• Bachelor’s Degree in any marine-related courses (member of the ‘Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (“ICS”)’ and/or ‘Association of Shipbrokers and Agents (“ASBA”), preferred)
• Previous working experience in Post Fixtures & Ship Operations
• Basic knowledge of dry cargoes, dry bulk vessels, charter parties (e.g. NYPE, Gencon etc), marine bunkering, English Law, PNI and FDD claims
• Good command of spoken and written English
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Keen eye for detail
• Strong passion for learning
• Unwavering loyalty and stability
we thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
All information provided by the applicant will be used for recruitment purposes only and handled in strict confidence.