Position Description Summary:
Coordinating and handling the incoming ocean freight shipments for the division. The effective and efficient handling of these shipments has to ensure continuous cargo flow while at the same time respecting company policies and objectives.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
- Comply with company policies, procedures and guidelines
- Interface with peers, colleagues, supervisors and management
- Ability to think outside of the box and offer effective solutions, operational focus
- Proactively identify potential issues and work to resolve quickly, operational focus
- Receive, validate for correctness and distribute pre-advise documentation from origin, Gateway & TPOCC, as required
- Receive, validate for correctness and distribute arrival notices from carrier & gateway, as required
- Effective and efficient file shipment creation/activation including follow-up/transfer of control back to origin for necessary corrections, , as required
- Distribution of pick-up numbers, hold/examination notices, freight invoices and other ancillary charges, notices or invoices, as required
- Effectively communicate with Ocean Carriers/Gateway regarding corrections to the manifest / arrival notice
- Perform credit checks, denied party checks and cheque requisition for outstanding COD charges
- Generate and provide arrival notice document to required parties
- Generate and submit of re-manifest/cargo control documents (A8A) to Canada Customs
- Effective and timely coordination of delivery and drayage, including generation and distribution of Drayage/Delivery orders and/or internal orders.
- Effectively communicate with Client Service Leads regarding shipments status, deliveries, and changes to shipments.
- Effectively communicate with Carriers regarding requests for Cargo diversion
- Effectively communicate with Carriers regarding rush request for priority discharge, rail-loading and any other special instructions.
- Provision of commercial invoice/packing slip to customs broker (as requested)
- Issuance of Internal Orders for Schenker cleared Shipments
- Effective coordination with gateway for consolidated and co-loaded cargo.
- Shipment tracking and monitoring
- Timely update of all mandatory tracking events per global and customer SOPs
- Validate and maintenance of trucking and ancillaries (no freight) reserves
- Efficient and effective customer invoicing and/or transfer of file to centralized billing group
SCHENKER OF CANADA LIMITED is the 2nd largest Integrated Logistics Service Provider in Canada, with sales of approximately $1 Billion and operating from over 40 sites across the country. The company spans a coast-to-coast network that extends to all major harbours, airports and border crossings. In just over half a century, the business has grown to include over 1,700 employees. Schenker of Canada Limited has a portfolio of supply chain services in Canada that include: Contract Warehousing/Distribution, Dedicated Freight Management, Ocean and Air Freight, Courier, Land Transportation, Customs Brokerage and Consulting, and services for Sports Events.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 2-3 years of industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of Canadian Customs requirements (ACI, HS Code, Fumigation)
- Knowledge of U.S. Customs requirements (AMS, Fumigation) is an asset
- Knowledge of Freight Forwarding / Supply Chain Logistics
- Knowledge of Incoterms
- Knowledge of Ocean Freight Operations
- Knowledge of international ports and geography
- Understanding of carriers’ service and routing
- Understanding of the customer's current shipment, statistical and financial status (Credit)
- Ms Office skills required
- Must be detail oriented and accurate when processing documentation
- Team player
- Communicates ideas clearly and concisely
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic and self-driven
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills (proactive and reactive)
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Business English required
When applying, please reference the "Job Title" indicated on the posting.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.