Take advantage of this opportunity to join Western Stevedoring as Systems Administrator and play an instrumental part in the IT Team. You will play a key role in the administration and development of our diverse IT infrastructure while you work independently in the delivery of great internal customer service in a fast paced environment. This full time position is located at our North Vancouver head office.
As Systems Administrator you will be responsible for delivering a variety of IT services to a broad customer base in a multi-location environment:
- Manage Windows Servers, Active Directory, Exchange and SharePoint Servers
- Manage VMWare vSphere and related infrastructure
- Manage network infrastructure, SAN and NAS arrays, client workstations, and mobile devices
- Research, test and deploy new client and server software Proactively monitor backend systems, apply patches and updates, and resolve issues
- Configure and monitor network security systems and respond to security alerts
- Manage AD user accounts and group policies Provide help desk support for all technology infrastructure
- Monitor and maintain backup and Disaster Recovery systems You are a graduate of an IT-related program and have experience in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Your skills include:
- Administration of Windows server and client operating systems and hardware
- VMWare vSphere administration
- Administration of SAN and NAS storage arrays
- Sound understanding of networking principals and protocols
- Network switch, router, firewall, and WiFi administration
- Exchange and AD administration
- Must have excellent English language written and verbal communication skills
Experience in the following would be welcome:
- Sonicwall firewall administration
- Nimble Storage administration
- Cisco networking, wireless controller and AP administration
- SQL Server administration
- Linux/Unix operating systems
While we thank all qualified individuals for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Western Stevedoring is an equal opportunity employer.