We are currently recruiting for a talented, high performing individual who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while supporting the Ship Operations division at the North Vancouver office. Reporting to the General Manager, Ship Operations, this position interacts closely with the Ship and Dock Operations teams and members of the Foremen’s Local of the International Longshore & Warehouse Union.
Major duties include:
- Execute the day-to-day activities to ensure the correct manning is in place to support ship operations activities
- Liaise between Superintendents, Head Foremen and industry representatives to ensure the labour allocations are submitted on time and have considered all of the customer’s requirements
- Effectively manage Foremen schedule rotation to ensure fairness and equity
- Maintenance of a variety of data bases and weekly timesheet entry for Foremen payroll
- Attend industry allocation meetings by telephone (as required)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organized with a keen sense of timeliness
- Demonstrated attention to detail, problem solving and planning abilities
- Ability to multitask and to thrive in a time sensitive, fast-paced environment
- An innovative approach to work and embraces technology
While we thank all qualified individuals for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Western Stevedoring is an equal opportunity employer.