Functional Description: Ships Agency Operations Manager
Ships Agency Operations Manager (Site: Vancouver BC, Canada).
To Manage Ships Agency service operations, continually driving service quality and effectiveness. Actively manage resources and processes related to the agency services provided by WSS within designated ports.
The position reports to the Ships Agency Manager – North America
To act within this FD and according to Chart of Authority
- Controlling and monitoring of all Ships Agency activities and compliance within in assigned site.
- Ships Agency performance & service quality according to Standards of Operations (SOO)
- Ensure standards of service procedures are continuously improved maintained e.g. reporting format, contents and frequency.
- Responsible for cost efficient operation by means of driving revenue growth, managing costs, while maintaining service quality standards for your responsible site.
- Pro-actively identify new means of achieving cost savings, including vendor discounts, on behalf of the principal.
- Selecting and appointing vendors and suppliers, ensuring compliance with procurement governance, including WSS supplier agreements and WSS Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Actively identify new business and sales opportunities in the site/country. Work with International Sales to promote local ports towards customers.
- Ensure sales leads and opportunities generated in the site are follow up and customers are contacts/visited to increase port revenue.
- Ensure enquiry estimates are followed up in accordance with the SOO
- Ensure profitable port operations by increasing revenue, decreasing costs and driving efficiency.
- Ensure the correct amount of pre-funding is received, or the correct level of authority has approved any deviation, prior to performing the Port Call, in line with the chart of authority.
- Ensure efficient Disbursement Accounts production & maintain close working relationship with local financial management.
- Ensure utilisation of Revised DA & status change to Completed Revised within 72 hrs of departure.
- Actively promote use & review of IP Log, reporting lessons learned, improvements & suggestions.
- Ensure proactive and accurate agency communications e.g. reporting & documentation to principal.
- Ensure DA is competitive, despatched on time & accurately reflect true port costs.
- Ensure efficient resource management at appointed port location(s).
- Ensure provision of 24-hour backup communications where needed.
- Ensure mandatory use of VOSS & Ships Agency Pricing Tool as per SOO Provide training and assistance in operating IT applications.
- Provide operational and QHSSE training for all Ships Agency staff.
- Demonstrate & sponsor WSS Vision Statement & Principles.
- Spot review port cost estimates for accuracy.
- Actively promote WSS products/services.
- Spot review & quality assure Statement of Facts information and data.
- Overall Ships Agency QHSSE compliance within in assigned site
- QHSSE matters in own function, including PPE requirements
This position will be measured against:
- Site EBIT
- Ensure highest level Service Quality - consistent & accurate deliverables.
- Ensure adherence to SOO within area of responsibility
- Meet or exceed annual KPI’s targets for ships agency performance.
- Build and improve customers’ perception of WSS Ships Agency i.e. “Goodwill building”.
i.e. polite, efficient and positive approach with ALL stakeholders involved in Ships Agency.
- Bachelor degree within Maritime or Business management field, or alternatively work experiences compensating for formal education.
- Extensive experience in Ships Agency service operations - min. 5 yrs.
- Excellent communication skills and a very good command of the English language (oral and written)
- Strong mentoring & customer relationship skills.
- Strong financial awareness & control.
- Systematic & accurate nature.
- Team Building skills
- Computer literate
Additional preferences – (Local requirements in addition to mandatory requirements)
- GIMS / Processes/Wilhelmsen Ships Service/Ships Agency
- WWH, WMS and WSS governing documents
Location of position: Vancouver, Canada
Person of Contact: Tanya Mota-Rojas
Phone Number: 281-867-2000