Titre du poste / Position : Import Customer Service Representative – HS / Vancouver
Job Description :
Six month Contract Position - The main duties of the Customer Service Representative – HS in Vancouver are sending arrival notices, effecting steamship releases, following up on enquiries regarding import shipments and other related duties.
- Preparing and sending arrival notices to import customers
- Effecting steamship releases at the port
- Answering phone and email inquiries regarding import shipments
- Receiving cheques and original bills of lading
- Preparing cargo manifests, corrector notices and third party invoices
- Reporting hazardous info to regulatory authorities
- Tracking demurrage and detention and issue monthly demurrage report to principal
- Arranging door deliveries
- Creating PO’s for truckers
- Performing rail billing for inland cargo
- Monitor payment status of credit customers
- Respond to corrector notices issued by overseas offices
- Report weekly benchmarks and monthly volume reports
- Issue import equipment report
- Submit import cargo manifest to port authority
- Submit Advanced Commercial Information (ACI) to Canada Customs
All other duties assigned by the Sales Manager.
- A Bachelor degree would be considered an asset
- Experience in the field would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, very good computer skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong English Language skills, both oral and written.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes and skills:
- Highly organized and deadline focused.
- Customer service orientated
- Must be a team player
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.