Montship Inc. a subsidiary of Trealmont Transport Inc. has an opening for an experienced Marine Agent in Vancouver, British Columbia. The Company was founded in 1925 and is one of the oldest shipping agents in Canada.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a Ship’s Agent and bring a strong working knowledge of vessel operations on the BC waterfront, including the various players and their roles. The primary duties for this position involve handling ship arrivals and departures at ports throughout the Lower Mainland.
- Ship attendance;
- Communicating with owners/ charterers/ government agencies and other related parties.
- All other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- A University degree would be an asset
- Some experience in the field of ship agency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong English Language skills, both oral and written
- Able to work in a team environment
- Customer Service oriented
A competitive salary plus benefits will be offered to the selected candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.