Western Canada Marine Response Corporation (WCMRC) is a Transport Canada certified , whose mandate is to ensure there is a state of preparedness in place and to mitigate the impact when a marine oil spill occurs. This includes the protection of wildlife, economic and environmental sensitivities, and the safety of both the responders and the public.
WCMRC is currently undergoing organizational growth and as a result, we are seeking a Full Time Health and Safety Coordinator to join our team in Burnaby, BC. At WCMRC, health and safety are our top priorities. We closely manage the health and safety risks of all our operations and provide thorough safety training to prevent accidents and injuries.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, the Health and Safety Coordinator will:
- Assess hazards, risks and recommend mitigation measures based on hierarchy of controls by observing tasks and inspecting worksites.
- Ensure all work activities are carried out with due regard to personal safety, the safety of others, and in line with company policies and procedures.
- Engage in work process inspections and proactive auditing of facilities and assets.
- Facilitate education, training and awareness of WCMRC’s health and safety program including on boarding of new employees
- Maintain an up to date incident reporting system, coordinate investigations of accidents, incidents and near misses as they arise.
To be successful in this role you will have a diploma or degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You will also bring a minimum of 3 years’ working experience in a safety practitioner role. This role will require a valid Driver’s License. The role will also need to be an influential communicator and superior presenter, able to speak to large groups confidently. Business travel will be required. A Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) and Marine industry experience working on vessels are considered an asset.
At WCMRC we value open and honest communication that fosters a climate of trust, integrity in all our business practices, success through competency, creativity and teamwork, and being a steward of the environment. We believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities we serve.
If you share our company values and have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, send a cover letter and detailed resume.
Closing Date: End of day November 1st, 2017
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find out more about us, visit our website at www.wcmrc.com