We have an opening for an Account Manager/Freight Forwarder in Vancouver. She/He will be responsible for canvassing and obtaining rate quotations and maintaining records, generating reports on volumes, containers, etc. Duties will be varied but a significant amount of computer and telephone work will be involved.
• Canvassing and obtaining rate quotations from carriers and maintaining records of quoted rates
• Maintaining records of and generating reports on containers/volumes moved by shipper(s) under spot or contract shipments
• Assisting in and maintenance of client’s credit with various carriers and service suppliers
• Liaising with third party service providers such as trucking and container transload facilities
• Tracking and updating bookings and vessel schedules
• Formulating and submitting any and all claims related to the principals shipments, with carriers, or third party service provider
• Supervising Customer Service Rep in the delivery of accurate shipping documents as required
• Supervising Customer Service Rep in timely coordination and submission of documentation as required under the export booking
• Ensuring timely submission of ACE-AES/CAED customs declaration
• As and when required, assisting Customer Service Rep in the interpretation and preparation of export documents under Letter of Credit terms.
• Work with Customer Service Representative to open/close files, input and distribute booking notes, invoice carriers/clients.
• Reconcile carrier and/or client accounting issues with Head Office
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• University or Logistics/Marine Transportation Industry education equivalent will be considered a definite asset
• General computer proficiency in order to work with Principal-specific software
• The ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Be customer service oriented
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to task prioritization
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Knowledge of marine documentation and shipping will be considered an asset
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes and skills:
• She/He will be a self-starter
• She/He will be flexible
• She/He will possess strong interpersonal skills
• She/He will also have a great desire to learn