Western Forest Products is seeking a Documentations Specialist for our lumber shipping team.
The US Customs/Documentations Specialist will be responsible for the preparation of US customs documents and lumber invoicing for US and export orders, US Customs compliance, reporting and reconciliations of US Duties (CVD and ADD) as well as support accounting functions for the Sales & Marketing Finance Team.
- Handle lumber shipments to US (truck, rail, vessel), process US Customs paperwork
- Be responsible for US Customs compliance
- Own US brokerage relationship
- Request Marine Insurance, Phyto and Heat Treatment certificates
- Submit bill of lading instruction with carriers and freight forwarders
- Process invoicing of lumber shipments including costing of transportation and other related items for the North American and Export markets
- Prepare weekly/Monthly Government reports (Export permit reconciliations for US shipments, Stats Canada Export reports, Others as required)
- Maintains and organizes Customs records in an orderly fashion
- Troubleshoot and assist shippers with documentation and US Customs requirements
- Preparation of sales reports (daily invoicing, and others as required)
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations for sales – freight payables, customer rebates, agent commissions
- Assist Documentation Supervisor, Sales Controller and Sales Accountant as required
To ensure your success in this position, you have completed post-secondary education in in commerce, wood science, supply chain or related field is strongly preferred
You are also able to demonstrate the following key attributes required for this position:
- Knowledge of CFR Title 19 – Customs Duties.
- Previous US Customs experience required
- Prior experience in customs or international shipping
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Experience in lumber and/or manufacturing