We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Charterer who will be responsible in assisting the Chartering Manager (CM) on Trade(s) Management activities interacting with all commercial professionals in the local office, in the hub and local coastal operations, when required. The position is located at the G2 Ocean Office in Vancouver, Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists CM in Developing new accounts/customers and maintain a high level of market intelligence in the region/market of interest to G2O
- Ensure documentation and recording of customer complaints according to the Complaints, Non-Conformance and Corrective Action Procedure
- Monitor compliance with legislation, financial control (account receivables/laytime), risk management and the implementation of G2O’s policy, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Support CM with report monthly/quarterly forecasted trade voyage results as required by management. Continually monitor and evaluate customer and supplier performance.
- Supports and build on customer relations, and ensure that the commercial performance where applicable, of the service commitments undertaken by the Company is delivered and implemented.
- Supporting CM with preparation of Trade Voyage Budgets, Forecasts and Business plans.
- Support CM with preparation for upcoming contracts (financial, technical, capacity, approvals, competition)
- In alignment with CM, create voyage in Dataloy and handover to Voyage Ops Management including agreeing expected result and voyage duration.
- As requested by CM, issue cargo line ups, including distribution to voyage ops management, issue commercial schedules, receive cargo nominations from customers and send vessels nominations to customers.
- Prepare work required for written and verbal quotations and negotiations of spot cargoes and seeking approval as per company procedures.
- Participate and prepare for voyage & trade reviews in conjunction with the Operations Group
- Develop Chartering understanding, experience and competence.
- Assist in making spot bookings and fix completion cargoes
- If applicable to role, assist with fleet scheduling for the trade in coordination with CM and Fleet scheduler
- Build up and maintain good knowledge of content of all relevant customer contracts
- Build up and maintain good knowledge of training area
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Liaise with Open Hatch and Conventional Bulk and / or Project Cargo colleagues to ensure a coordinated/united approach across the different internal stakeholders about new business development.
- Negotiation and execution of Charter parties in accordance with the Voyage and Time Charter In and Out Procedures.
- Build and maintain Key Accounts that will grow G2O’s Conventional Bulk and Project Cargo activities in a sustainable manner.
- Provide advice and recommendations on chartering matters to the individual trade desks.
- Monitor/pursue spot arbitrage opportunities.
- Coordination with Fleet Scheduling and Head of Conventional Bulk the employment of market vessels and/or G2O controlled vessels.
- Participate in regular chartering meetings
- College graduate or equivalent preferably with a maritime related degree. The job holder will be prepared to study for the ICS qualification.
- 2 years + experience in a similar role; Organized and capable of maintaining CRM systems; Good understanding of ship operations and shipping industry; Market awareness
- Strong analytical and numerical skills; Strong attention to detail; Good IT Skills – Word, Excel and Databases; Commercial skills; Able to assist with budget preparation
- Proactive and highly motivated approach; Good communication skills both written and verbal; Customer focused; Team player; Meeting deadlines; has the potential to become a manager in the future.
Contact and apply: