Western Canada Marine Response Corporation (WCMRC) is a Transport Canada certified , whose mandate is to ensure there is a state of preparedness in place and to mitigate the impact when an oil spill occurs. This includes the protection of wildlife, economic and environmental sensitivities, and the safety of both the responders and the public.
WCMRC is currently undergoing organizational growth and as a result we are seeking a Full Time Logistics Supervisor to join our Response Readiness team in Nanaimo, B.C.
Reporting to the Manager of Logistics, the Logistics Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Supervising the operating area in the planning and execution of programs owned by Response Readiness including logistics services, area planning and materials management.
- Coordinating Warehouse Staff ensuring ongoing training.
- Administering agreements with external resources within the operating area such as; response contractors, vessels of opportunity, suppliers and service providers.
- Supporting the development and implementation of best practices in the area of procurement, warehousing/transportation, inventory and staging area management.
- Supporting in the development of area plans within the Vancouver Island region.
- Developing and maintaining logistics databases associated with contractors, VOO fleet members, and advisors; develop/maintain areas logistics database.
- Working effectively as a team member within WCMRC’s Vancouver Island response bases.
- Working in accordance with all legal requirements, attending and completing all required health and safety training, reporting all accidents, and take all necessary precautions to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Completing other responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred candidates will bring a minimum of 6 years previous business experience – preferably in Supply Chain management with a warehouse or stores environment and at least 3 years in a supervisory role. This position requires strong leadership and organizational skills and the ability to coordinate and interact with multiple people and projects, and experience managing changing and shifting priorities. Additionally, strong computer skills including proficiency with all MS Office applications are required.
At WCMRC we value open and honest communication that fosters a climate of trust, integrity in all our business practices, success through competency, creativity and teamwork, and being a steward of the environment. We believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities we serve.
If you share our company values and have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and detailed resume.
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: End of Day February 20th 2018
To find out more about us, visit our website at www.wcmrc.com.