Position: Casual Accounting Clerk
Location: Vancouver, BC
Terms of Employment: Casual/ on-call
Rate of Pay: Approx. $36.00 per hour after training
Commencement Date: April 3, 2018
As a casual Accounting Clerk the bulk of the work opportunities occur during the summer months and other holiday seasons. There will be an approximate one month training period starting in April 2018 where the candidate will be working close to full time hours.
- Candidates must be a resident within the Vancouver area.
- Candidates must be available on short notice.
- To perform routine accounting functions such as accounts receivable, accounts payable and reception duties.
- Process invoices or pro-forma invoices which may include data entry, verification of data, calculations, and filing
- Contact customers with inquiries regarding status of cheques and data verification
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Process account payable invoices, check runs and filing
- Assist in month-end financial statement close and support other accounting projects, as necessary
- Provide backup reception, receive incoming calls and visitors and direct to appropriate individuals or take messages
- Type various monthly reports, order stationary and other supplies and prepare waybills for couriers
- Prepare boardroom for meetings by making coffee, ordering lunches, etc.
- All other duties as required, assigned by the Manager of Finance & Administration
- Post-secondary education – Accounting Diploma is preferred
- At least two year post secondary education in business and/or office management
- Knowledge of the Marine industry
- Basic accounting procedures with emphasis on accuracy
- Strong computer skills with intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while paying attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Tactful manner of handling client communication
- Excellent team working skills
- Working knowledge and experience with Sage Accpac considered an asset
- A minimum of 2 year of experience as an accounts receivables clerk
- Three to five years experience working in an office environment
Interested persons are requested to respond prior to March 15, 2018. Send your resume to
Manager of Finance and Administration
Pacific Pilotage Authority
1000-1130 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC, V6E 4A4