Montship Inc. has an opening for a Ship Boarding Agent in Vancouver, British Columbia.
The initial primary duties involve handling ship arrivals and departures at ports throughout the Lower Mainland.
- Ship attendance, including nights and weekends, if required.
- Liaison between the vessels, marine terminals, vessel owners, operators and all other entities involved in a vessel call, including local Authorities and Government Agencies.
- Vessel filing preparation and record maintenance.
- Exercise high service quality in relation with all the above partners and customers.
- Assist the Operations and/or Port Manager and attend all other duties assigned by management.
- Min 3 years’ experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong English language skills, both oral and written
- Ability to multitask
- Team oriented
- Strong customer service skills
- College/University degree preferred
- Available for evening and weekend work
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive health benefit package and professional development opportunities; we promote employee growth through on the job training and continuing education. Work on week-ends and on Holidays may be required. The company will pay supplemental compensation for week-end and holiday work.
Montship Inc. is committed to the Federal Employment Equity Program and invites members of the 4 designed groups (Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities) to apply for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.