Job Title: CMBC 2nd Engineer
Job ID: 20170814
Location: Lower Mainland
Full/Part Time: Full-Time Regular
Over 600,000 passengers rely on Coast Mountain Bus Company every day to get them to work, school and all of the activities that make life on the Lower Mainland so rich and exciting. Our more than 5,400 dedicated employees keep the buses, the people and in so many ways the vibrant pace of this city moving.
- To undertake major engine rebuilds and maintenance of associated marine equipment in accordance with planned maintenance schedules as approved by the Canadian Coast Guard, Ships Safety.
- Is also required to undertake the maintenance of the floating terminals, maintenance docks and associated buildings.
- May be required to relieve as Chief Engineer at times.
- A valid Third Class Motor Certification from Transport Canada, a valid Seafarer’s Medical, and valid Marine Basic First Aid Certificate.
- Pre-apprenticeship or previous experience with diesel engines, HVAC, troubleshooting of auxiliary systems and familiarity with preventative maintenance programs would be considered an asset.
WORK SCHEDULE - 37.5 hours per week.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS - An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please go to https://www.translink.ca/careers and click on the Coast Mountain Bus Company tab to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Coast Mountain Bus Company is an equal opportunity employer.