Position: Post-Fixture Manager
Location: Vancouver, BC
Seaspan Corporation (NYSE:SSW) is the world’s largest financial lessor in the containership leasing space with a $7bn+ balance sheet. Seaspan provides many of the world’s major shipping lines with alternatives to vessel ownership by offering long-term leases on large, modern containerships combined with industry leading ship management services.
Seaspan is seeking a Post-Fixture Manager to join the team. The Post-Fixture Manager supervises daily charter operations on company-managed vessels. This position ensures operational functionality and performs charter-party requirements set out by owners and customers.
• Monitors charter party obligations of company vessels; when required, stems vessel bunker-stems, arranges owners’ agency appointments/co-ordination,
• Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with charterers’ post-fixture and/or operations teams while effectively managing risks and Seaspan’s business interests
• Responsible for monitoring vessel, port, and voyage performance KPIs
• Carries out continual risk assessment of vessel operations for potential loss-situations and recommends and assists with mitigation measures
• Supports and briefs vessel masters on charter party obligations, port and voyage performance issues. Is responsible for ensuring that the master understands the requirements, reporting obligations, local contacts and operational structure of the charterer. Monitors and assists Masters e.g. may obtain and analyze vessel commercial reports in support of claims etc., including delays or deviations. This will involve close interaction with various internal departments such as Marine Services and Projects and Technology.
• Monitors vessels for potential trading breaches under the charter party and insurance covers; monitors vessel performance through breach transits
• Assists with compiling factual, timely information and documents relating to commercial claims
• Supervision of vessel damages, and ensuring correct, timely recovery of amounts due from Charterers. Close coordination with the accounts receivable department is a requirement
• Post-secondary degree in relevant field from a recognized institution
• Minimum five years’ experience in chartering post-fixture or operations management
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Must be able to properly analyze situations, mitigate and manage risk, and determine a suitable course of action as part of problem-solving skills
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Able to negotiate with and influence others, establish rapport and maintain effective working relationships
• Experience in a command role at sea is an asset.
• Containership sector experience is strongly preferred.
• High level of charter party understanding is strongly preferred
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, click on APPLY FOR THIS POSITION and take a few moments to complete an application and upload your resume. Seaspan employees can apply through the Internal Career Centre, please check SeaNet for the instructions on how to do so.
We thank all applicants in advance. If your application is shortlisted to be included in the interview process, one of our professional recruiters will be in contact with you. No agency calls please, many thanks.