Cargo Quality Control Technician
Location: Burnaby. BC- 207-6741 Cariboo Road
The Petrochemicals Quality Control Technician will be responsible for providing technical support and services regarding the independent verification / determination of quantity and quality of a variety of chemicals, petrochemicals, and related products. Your employment will take place at both our Burnaby laboratory/office facility as well as off site at other locations throughout the lower mainland.
• Compile records and interpret volumetric calculations.
• Calculate the volume of assorted chemical additives to be mixed with main product.
• Dose additives or witness addition of additives in petrochemical or petroleum products.
• May assist with performing basic lab analysis.
• Develop and execute sampling programs to ensure quality standards are maintained.
• Confirm all relative data is correctly transposed from field notes to work files.
• Issue documentation verifying quantity and quality.
• Perform gauging and sampling of storage tanks, ensuring compliance to client requirements and industry standards.
• Tracking and recording temperatures of product in storage tanks, ensuring compliance to client requirements and industry standards.
• Perform field sampling from a variety of storage tanks and vessels ensuring client and industry compliance while following the company’s safety procedures for doing so.
• Transport of samples drawn from offsite locations to our laboratory following TDG guidelines.
• Assist with maintenance and calibration of equipment.
• Create and distribute various reports to appropriate boards and individuals.
• Dispose of samples safely using proper procedures.
• Follow company procedures for process and safety while performing functions of the position.
• Adhere to company policies and regulations at all times.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Strong mathematical aptitude
• Advanced MS office skills
• Available to be on call 24/7
• The applicant should have or be willing to obtain a valid WHIMs (workplace hazardous materials handling certificate) certificate;
• A Science background with mathematical aptitude are preferred
• Good communication skills
• Maintain a high level of integrity in the work performed
• Fluent English Required
• Diploma, preferably in Chemical or Nautical Science
• Minimum 5 years experience with Petrochemical / Chemical Commodities or equivalent
• Valid BC Drivers License with clean abstract
• Experience or familiarity with safe transport of chemicals at sea an asset
• Possess an Advanced Chemical course certificate of competency
• Possess a good understanding of how chemical residues can react with other products
• Product storage tank suitability cleanliness and inspection experience
• Experience working with Mono Ethylene Glycol preferred
• Ability to lift up to 20kg (50lbs)
• Ability to work inside as well as outside in various weather conditions
• Ability to stand/walk/sit for long periods of times (up to 12 hours)
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders
• Manual dexterity for repetitive tasks (computer keyboard, mouse, writing)
Benefits and Wage
Benefits on successful completion of probationary period.
Wage will be paid hourly at $26.75 CAD per hour.
Job Type: Full-time
• How many years of experience with Petrochemical / Chemical Commodities experience do you have?
• How many years of Quality Control experience do you have?
• Are you in Burnaby?
• Do you have the following license or certification: BC Class 5/7 DL?
• What is the highest level of education you have completed?