In celebration of World Oceans Day on Saturday June 8, 2019, the Port of Vancouver is hosting two guided boat tours of the inner harbour. Experience the sights and sounds of a busy harbour while learning about Canada's largest and most diversified port. This family-friendly tour will include a visit from Salty the seagull, the Port of Vancouver mascot. Net proceeds from the tours will be donated to the Marine Mammal Rescue Centre, an Ocean Wise® initiative. Tours begin at 9:30 am & 1:30 pm.
Trolley service to the off-site dock departs at 9:30 am & 1:30 pm sharp. Boat tours begin at 10:00 am & 2:00 pm. All guests will be transported to & from the boat dock (located off-site) via the trolley service located at the front of Canada Place.
- Live narrated tour in English
- Journey aboard the Magic Charm Charter Vessel – featuring indoor/outdoor space
- Tour will travel between the Second Narrows Bridge and Lions Gate Bridge
- Highlights of the port including:
- Port activities
- Discussion on the varieties of ships and cargo coming into the port (bulk, breakbulk, container ships)
- Historical landmarks along the waterfront
- Overview of the marine terminals along the Burrard Inlet