IT Support Technician
Western Canada Marine Response Corporation (WCMRC) is a Transport Canada certified Response Organization, whose mandate is to ensure there is a state of preparedness in place and to mitigate the impact when an oil spill occurs. This includes the protection of wildlife, economic and environmental sensitivities, and the safety of both the responders and the public.
WCMRC is now recruiting for an IT Support Technician to join our team at our Nanaimo office on Vancouver Island, B.C. Reporting to the Manager, Information Systems – this role’s primary responsibilities will be providing Tier 2 - 3 technical support to clients and assisting to create and deliver staff training on newly implemented software applications.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Responding to system alerts and performing advanced troubleshooting
- Providing support and maintenance for all things Microsoft, servers, switches, routers, security, networks, and Infrastructure systems
- Ensuring documentation is complete and archived properly following project completion
- Collaborating with network services, software systems engineering and/or application development to restore service and/or identify problems
- Ensuring proper setup and operation of Microsoft Remote Desktop Server and Active Directory
- Providing software application support including dealing with users, and working with computers, printers, and phones
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
Successful candidates will possess a Diploma or Bachelor Degree related to Systems Administration or Networking and a minimum of 3+ yrs. of previous progressive technical support experience. Microsoft Certification is also a mandatory requirement. You will need to be a team player, with excellent communications skills and the ability to coordinate and interact with multiple people and projects. In addition, you must be able to work with complex distributed systems and technologies and related infrastructure components with a limited degree of supervision. Previous experience in a marine and/or emergency response environment is considered a strong asset.
At WCMRC we value open and honest communication that fosters a climate of trust, integrity in all our business practices, success through competency, creativity and teamwork, and being a steward of the environment. We believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities we serve.
If you share our company values and have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, please submit a cover letter and detailed resume via the following link: http://adr.to/jjatm
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted. To find out more about us, visit our website at www.wcmrc.com