Western Canada Marine Response Corporation (WCMRC) is a Transport Canada certified Response Organization, whose mandate is to ensure there is a state of preparedness in place and to mitigate the impact when an oil spill occurs. This includes the protection of wildlife, economic and environmental sensitivities, and the safety of both the responders and the public.
WCMRC is hiring a full time Spill Response Technician Materials Handler/ Deckhand to join our team, located in Burnaby, B.C.
Spill Response Technician Materials Handler/ Deckhand is responsible for:
- Providing safe, prompt and efficient support to spill incidents, exercises and preparedness projects
- Support with the logistics requirements related to day-to-day operations, training and exercises, primarily focusing on procurement, distribution, warehousing and logistics
- Maintaining spill response equipment to ensure all equipment is operational and response ready at all times
- Assist with shipping / receiving and the sortation of product and material
- Support with inventory transactions and controls
- Loading and offloading of operational equipment
- Supports the logistics function to ensure all material management process and procedures are being adhered to in steady and response state
- Acting as Deckhands on Spill Response Vessels
- Completing assigned work orders, vessel runs, annual equipment refits, vessel dry docking, and assisting with regulatory inspections (i.e. Commercial Vehicle Inspections, Transport Canada Vessel Inspections, etc.)
- Working on project teams
- Completing other responsibilities as assigned
Successful candidates will possess a high school diploma, and have a minimum of three years previous experience with marine and small power equipment maintenance. You must be capable of lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and by physically fit for work at sea in calm and rough waters. You must also be willing and able to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions. You also need to be a collaborative team player who thrives on coordinating and interacting with multiple people on various projects, and be comfortable managing shifting priorities.
At WCMRC we value open and honest communication that fosters a climate of trust, integrity in all our business practices, success through competency, creativity and teamwork, and being a steward of the environment. We believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities we serve.
If you share our company values and believe that you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, send a cover letter and detailed resume. http://wcmrc.com/careers/?ja-job=33137
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. To find out more about us, visit our website at www.wcmrc.com