Job Description: Customer Service Representative
International Freight Forwarding – Forestry Division
Reporting to: General Manager
Our International Forwarding team at our Vancouver, British Columbia office is currently looking for a well-organized, multitasked and self-motivated individual who will be responsible for coordinating and arranging international transportation services in our forestry department while working with other staff members to support customer service, meet short and long term goals, and increase the efficiency of the division. The primary responsibilities of this position are:
• Oversee operations and improve work flow and procedures by analyzing and implementing changes to support customers’ goals and client satisfaction.
• Monitor all aspects of the logistics process, including deliveries, transloading, container delivery, bookings, bills of lading, and invoicing.
• Coordinate with suppliers, ocean carriers, transloading facilities, mills, sales offices, and overseas customers to ensure accurate and timely order fulfillment.
• Monitor shipments closely to meet carrier cut-off dates & VGM deadlines to ensure cargo is loaded onto intended vessels. This to include continuous monitoring of orders from the point of receipt through to vessel departure.
• Communicate B/L instructions with shipping lines; approve B/L proof copies; arrange for final B/L to be printed and delivered to customers.
• Prepare and process documents such as Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin, Commercial Invoices, Mill Certificates, etc.
• Arrange for and provide accurate and timely export documents to customers in accordance with the terms of sales agreements and letters of credit.
• Update shipment data in order management systems as changes occur.
• Input data into internal KPI report systems to monitor supplier performance.
• Manage cargo flow to meet weekly, monthly, and quarterly volume allocations for short and long term order fulfilment.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB, DESIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of documents
• Ability to handle fluctuating work volumes and meet deadlines
• Good typing skills and a proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Willingness to learn new skills and participate in training programs
• Minimum three years’ experience in international forwarding in marine transportation
• Successful completion of CIFFA Education Program (Preferred)
• Some Post-Secondary education (Preferred)