POSITION: Dispatch Coordinator
DATE: January 30, 2019
DEADLINE: This position will remain open until sufficient applications are received.
Located in Burnaby, BC, Island Tug and Barge (ITB) is a subsidiary of Tidewater Canada, Inc. ITB is the West Coast’s largest bulk marine transporter of refined petroleum products. Our services include bulk fuel transportation, specialty towing, and marine logistics. With proven expertise in the transportation of specialized cargoes, a state-of-the-art fleet, modern equipment and over fifty years of experience, Island Tug and Barge is the marine transporter of choice for some of the world’s leading multi-national oil companies. We are currently looking for a Dispatch Coordinator to join our dynamic team.
The Dispatch Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing, coordinating and administering daily vessel operations for ITB while maintaining a safe and efficient service delivery model. The Dispatch Coordinator works closely with the Operations Team, Vessel Crew and Quality, Health, Safety Security and Environment (QHSSE) department to ensure a safe and efficient delivery model for our customers.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manages self and others in support of safe and incident-free operations. Responsible for understanding and abiding by safety management system policies and procedures.
• Assist with planning and executing day to day vessel activities
• Schedule and coordinate vessel crew schedules in accordance with vessel work schedule
• Assist with payroll administration
• Maintain vessel/crew voyage administration
• Update personnel files on tug and barge crews
• Maintain key performance indicators (KPI’s )for operations
• On call duties as required (approximate 1 week per month)
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and education:
• Understands and demonstrates a safety first mentality
• Minimum five years’ experience in transportation dispatch preferably in a marine environment
• Post-secondary education or marine tickets
• Logical & practical thinker with strong computer, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and fluent manner both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work independently, set and meet deadlines
• Able to work in an operational and customer orientated environment
• Experience in crew scheduling will be considered an asset for this position
This is a full-time salary position with year-round steady work during regular office which offers a very competitive salary and benefit package. There are also excellent career growth opportunities within our operations team. Employment offer subject to passing a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
Island Tug and Barge is a participant in the Federal Employment Equity program.