Customer Service Representative
Regular Full Time
Vancouver, BC, CA
Customer Service Representative - Import
We have an immediate opening for Customer Service Representative-Import at our Vancouver office.
Orient Overseas Container Line” and “OOCL” are trade names for transportation provided separately by: Orient Overseas Container Line Limited (“OOCLL”) and OOCL (Europe) Limited respectively and both are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Orient Overseas (International) Limited, a public company (0316) listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. OOCL is one of the world's largest integrated international container transportation, logistics and terminal companies. As one of Hong Kong's most recognized global brands, OOCL provides customers with fully-integrated logistics and containerized transportation services, with a network that encompasses Asia, Europe, the Americas, Africa and Australasia.
OOCL is well respected in the industry with a reputation for providing customer-focused solutions, a quality-through-excellence approach and continual innovation. OOCL is one of the leading international carriers serving China, providing a full range of logistics and transportation services throughout the country. It is also an industry leader in the use of information technology and e-commerce to manage the entire cargo process.
The ideal candidates are self-motivated, innovative, customer-focused, disciplined and skilled in planning and prioritizing. We require strong communication skills (verbal and written) and problem-solving skills, and must be highly effective utilizing computer technology, including MS Excel, and Word.
1. Respond to customer inquiries and service exceptions for import cargo. Notify customers when vessel or intermodal cargo is delayed.
2. Review edit and issue notifications to customers per Import procedures. Amend shipments for changes to inbound status and clearance location. Update/maintain all required shipment information in the system.
3. Monitor carrier release requirements and issue cargo release instructions or provide rail pick up numbers to customers.
4. Monitor last free day at terminal/ramp and communicate potential demurrage problems with the customer. Monitor aged/overdue equipment and follow-up with customer.
5. Monitor regulatory holds and follow-up with customer as appropriate. Report General Order cargo to Customs and arrange transfer to bonded facility. Submit carrier manifest to government agencies for inspection, forward notices to offices for port of discharge functions.
6. Capture and invoice any additional charges incurred during shipment cycle and payment follow-up.
7. Review requests for Change of Destination (COD), coordinate internal communication and monitor shipments to ensure necessary tasks are carried out as required.
8. Arrange dispatch for carrier-controlled import door shipments and issue transportation job orders for all carrier and customer-controlled door shipments. Coordinate all Vancouver line haul traffic, as well as coordinate all cross-border truck movements.
9. Perform Vancouver hub intermodal and cross border trucking service as per service standards and special service arrangements.
10. Prepare vessel reports, as well as prepare weekly intermodal reports and monitor unit dwell time at terminal facilities to coordinate to ensure timely cargo delivery.
• Customer service process, policies and guidelines
• Cargo Restrictions
• Intermodal and local cut-offs
• Hazardous Material handling procedures
• Overweight procedures
• Regulatory bodies rules & regulations
• Ports & routes
• Customer & customs requirements
• Terminal & railway operations
• Attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Organizational skills
• Time management
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes
• Maintain outstanding attendance record