Location: North Vancouver, BC
Company: Jastram Engineering Ltd. (JEL)
We are currently seeking a Service Engineer in our Engineering department. The Service Engineer position is a member of the Jastram Engineering Team that is responsible to the Service Group Leader for after-sale technical support for Jastram products and systems. This role requires a high degree of collaboration with production, service, and sales team members.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain strong working knowledge of Jastram products and systems.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing customers and agents.
• Meet the needs of customers and agents with respect to service issues initiated by customer phone calls, emails or other inbound ‘calls for help’. This includes understanding, diagnosing and solving customer issues as they arise.
• Work with other parts and service staff to guarantee customers are helped in a timely manner and to ensure the quality of information provided.
• Contribute to JEL warranty program documentation including compiling quarterly reports and providing data to departmental managers for monthly KPI reports.
• Initiate and fulfill appropriate sales orders to provide parts and/or service to satisfy customers’ needs.
• Process sales transactions and coordinate related expediting arrangements as per JEL
policies and procedures.
• Contribute feedback/input into Engineering and Quality Control regarding warranty and performance issues for Jastram product improvements and enhancements.
• Develop customer documentation related to field service of JEL products and systems, including service manuals and issuing of Technical Bulletins.
• Perform commissioning, service and survey duties as required both locally and internationally.
• Provide support for in-house commissioning and service training to customers and agents.
• Follow through on in-house equipment rebuild and repair work.
The successful applicant will have the following competencies:
• Experience / Qualifications
o Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in the marine industry working as a shipboard engineer or equivalent amount of shore based marine service experience
o Hands on mechanical/electrical experience
o Microsoft Office software experience
o Be legally able to work in Canada
o Be able and willing to travel internationally on short notice
In addition, preference will be given to applicants who have the following skills or experience:
- • Is a detail-oriented team player who can work independently delivering results and meeting timelines
• Has a positive attitude; enabling you to multi-task, thrive in a fast paced environment and grow technical capabilities
• Desires to take on additional responsibilities, new challenges and meet the customer’s needs
• Has aptitude for electrical and mechanical systems
• Is comfortable dealing with front-line technical staff both internally and with international customers
• Is able to build and maintain a strong level of knowledge on products, customer needs and services.
• Has excellent English verbal and written communication skills