Responding to changing regulations the International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) has launched of the third edition of its essential Guidelines on the Application of the ILO Maritime Labour Convention, the only fully up to date guide to the Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) for all involved with the employment of seafarers.
New in Edition 3
- Mandatory arrangements for the provision of financial security to address cases of seafarer abandonment.
- Changes to employment agreements to address piracy.
- Measures to prevent harassment and bullying.
- New ICS/ International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF) welfare guidelines.
- Implementation of health and safety provisions.