Company: SAAM SMIT Canada Inc.
Job Title: Shift Dispatcher - Vancouver
Reports to: Logistics Manager
The Shift Dispatcher ensures the service delivery process by coordinating and planning the safe, effective and efficient allocation of vessels and crew to meet the needs of our customers, while acting in accordance with the organization’s core values.
• Cost effective scheduling and dispatching of tugs, including coordination and assignment of crews
• Coordinate harbour dispatch for ship docking in Vancouver, Squamish, and New Westminster, while supporting Prince Rupert, Kitimat and Stewart
• Seek out and support various commercial opportunities
• Record data relating to harbour dispatches and vessel utilization
• Check and code all payables for assist work
• Report and record time claims from marine crew
Knowledge & Competencies
• Knowledge of the marine industry, preferably with harbour towage and marine operations
• Familiarity of best practices in the Canadian marine industry
• Excellent communication skills including customer service and sales
• Solid organizational and problem-solving skills
• Interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to deal with multiple competing needs and priorities in a safety critical, time sensitive environment
Qualifications and Experience in Role
• Post-secondary education in transportation / logistics, commerce, negotiation, or a related business field
• 2 – 3 years of marine operations / marine service delivery experience an asset
One week on days: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm - One week off
One week on nights: 7:00 pm – 7:00 am - Two weeks off
What we offer:
A great job in an energetic company with a high-quality powerful fleet. The best combination between a long-term local track record and a strong global presence.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and skill level.
Start date and salary scale to be determined
SAAM SMIT Canada Inc.
2285 Commissioner Street, Vancouver, BC V5L 1A8
Deadline Open until filled
Company profile: SAAM SMIT Towage Canada has operated along the Pacific coast for almost 80 years. The company has earned an excellent reputation by combining expertise and experience with high-quality materials and equipment in the British Columbia ports where it is active. SAAM SMIT Towage maintains the highest standards in respect of Safety, Health, the protection of the Environment and Quality and to effectively maintain a culture of continuous improvement the company maintains ISO, OHSAS and ISM certification. SAAM SMIT Towage is committed to Employment Equity.