Join a team that shares your passion and enthusiasm for Canadian grain! Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking and dedicated individual to bring their grain industry insight, financial expertise and dynamic management style to a leadership role as Terminal Manager based in Owen Sound, Ontario.
A Great Career Move
This position offers exceptional opportunities to grow your professional career while maintaining a healthy and fulfilling work/life balance.
Live and play in the Scenic City.
Owen Sound, Ontario, is known as “the Scenic City” thanks to its stunning landscape with ample opportunities for outdoor recreation and a historic downtown that is rich with festivals and events. This thriving city of approximately 21,000 residents offers an ideal mix of services, amenities and opportunities for families and anyone who wants to live an active lifestyle.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
P&H’s roots go back over 100 years, and we have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
With over 60 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations spanning across grain trading, handling and merchandising, as well as crop inputs, flour milling and feed mills.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career.
As Terminal Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the smooth operations of all terminal activities. Your day to day activities will include:
• managing the businesses development and customer services operations of the terminal,
• overseeing the logistics scheduling process in a multi-modal transportation operation,
• developing the annual operating budget and managing monthly revenue and operating, expenses,
• understanding the various quality programs and regulatory requirements associated with the terminal operations and ensuring compliance is maintained,
• maintaining seamless integration with other departments within P&H.
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
• minimum 5 years of experience in the grain business,
• experience in grain inventory management practices and processes (required),
• experience in managing employees, both union and non-union (an asset),
• previous experience in a position involving fiscal responsibilities,
• proven problem solving and continuous improvement identification and implementation skills,
• marine shipping industry, or marine grain operation experience (an asset).
To apply, please visit our career website: http://parrishandheimbecker.com/career_all We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com