Western Canada Marine Response Corporation (WCMRC) is a Transport Canada certified Response Organization, whose mandate is to ensure there is a state of preparedness in place and to mitigate the impact when a marine oil spill occurs. This includes the protection of wildlife, economic and environmental sensitivities, and the safety of both the responders and the public. As a steward of the environment, we have a very important role to play in the protection of our coastal waters.
WCMRC is currently undergoing organizational growth and as a result, we are seeking a Full Time Marine Maintenance Manager to join our team, based in Burnaby or Nanaimo, BC. This position will be particularly appealing to an individual who enjoys the fast pace associated with a dynamic, growing organization.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Marine Maintenance Manager will:
· Act as a senior resource for our Marine Engineers, ensuring ongoing training, career development, and assist Operations Supervisors/Managers in managing their performance.
· Write detailed vessel refit specifications, work in shipyards, and oversee refit activities.
· Manage maintenance projects.
· Schedule and evaluate costing of vessel repair work.
· Schedule and coordinate flow of work based on Maintenance system generated work orders.
· Establish priorities and availability of personnel, equipment, and resources.
· Keep and review data associated with vessel maintenance and operating parameters with the objective of minimizing downtime, while maximizing reliability and cost efficiency.
· Ability to develop maintenance schedules and plans to maximize reliability and minimize costs.
· Initiate and manage predictive maintenance programs.
To be successful in this role you will have a post-secondary degree in Marine Engineering and have your First Class Engineer and Motor Ship Certificate. You will also bring a minimum 5 years’ experience as Chief Engineer on vessels exceeding 3000 Gross Tonnes and at least two years’ experience leading and managing teams. We are also looking for experience in working with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Experience in new vessel construction, dry docking, major refits and maintaining barges or working with Class Societies are assets. You will need to be a collaborative, professional team player who is able to coordinate and interact with multiple people and manage changing and shifting priorities. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to write business and technical documents, and solid computer skills in MS Office applications.
At WCMRC we value open and honest communication that fosters a climate of trust and integrity in all our business practices. We believe in success through competency, creativity and teamwork. We believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities we serve.
If you share our company values and have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, send a cover letter and detailed resume. http://adr.to/snwvo
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find out more about us, visit our website at www.wcmrc.com