Friday, 30 August 2019 09:30

BWM Convention to reach second phase

575 BWM Convention

 

The Ballast Water Management Convention is coming into full effect from this September so all ships must be fitted with D-2-compliant ballast water treatment system by the next IOPP renewal survey no later than 8 September 2024. Currently, around 25% of the fleet in international voyage already has a ballast water treatment system (BWMS), D-2 standard. The rest of the fleet, about 75%, complies with the D-1 standard (ballast water exchange). As the updated BWM Convention is approaching, shipowners are making the necessary preparations to comply.

 

 

Read 136 times
Login to post comments